Preparing your Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got a team working by your side. Our job, as Realtors and as your as your real estate agent team, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document we present to the seller outlining the price we’re willing to offer, as well as any terms or conditions we need to fulfill (financing, home inspection etc.) in order to be comfortable moving forward with the purchase.
The price we decide to offer is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so that the seller will take your offer seriously, but not be so high as to overpay, which can have some serious consequences down the road!
Don’t worry. We know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property at the lowest possible price. In fact, we look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- We will recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Sellers prefer offers that have no conditions, however it is our job to make sure you are protected. We’ll talk and decide together if there are any conditions that should be included in your offer.
- We will prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, will work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf in order to reach an accepted offer.
- We will communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with us.
- Once the seller agrees to accept your offer, we will help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the sale. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
We realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate agent or team who, like us, puts clients first. When you finally find the perfect home for you, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert team on your side who can walk you through the steps to make that home yours!
If you have questions about making an offer, please submit the form below, call or email a team member,